Home and School Association
HOME AND SCHOOL 2013-14
Home & School Association
Parent and teacher involvement play a vital role in the success of several of the special activities and day-to-day education of our children.
The objective of Home & School Association is to promote the understanding and cooperation between parents, teachers and school administration, and to promote the goodwill and development of our children
All parents and teachers are automatically members of Home & School. There are a variety of opportunities to volunteer to be more actively involved. Each family is charged a $10 activity fee through the registration process and those funds provide the basis for the Association’s activities.
Some of the major activities Home & School provide:
- $2,000 is distributed between the four principals for needed school projects
- Feed the high school students breakfast during finals each semester
- Put on end of year picnic/carnivals at the Primary and Intermediate buildings
- Assist with 8th grade graduation activities
- Provide meals for the teachers at all four buildings during teacher conferences
- Send students on class trips at the buildings to places such as the Audubon Society, the Alberta Bair, and museums
- Provide funding for the costumes, sets, etc. for the annual class play at the Upper Building
- Reception for the 2nd grade First Communion Celebration
- Assist with Catholic Schools Week activities
- Organize and deploy volunteers at a variety of activities in all four buildings throughout the year
Please consider joining Home & School Association to become more involved in your child’s/children’s education!
If you are interested or have questions, please contact Debbie Charles at (406)670-6114.